Welcome to DIG NATION, DIG SOUTH’s merry band of innovative entrepreneurs and leading brands.
We’re a vibrant tribe that shares a passion for where we live, the people who hail from it, and the great companies that want to do business in the region. DIG SOUTH celebrates innovation and enhances opportunities to collaborate. We support the Contacts, Content, Careers and Capital you need to #SucceedintheSouth. As you can tell, we love C-words. Think of us as a smooth-running, 6-cylindar engine with stealth speed. To keep the 6C finally tuned, we need your help following a few guidelines.
- Engage, kick your feet up, and hang with us as much as you like. We are stoked that you’re here!
- DIG in daily but follow the golden rule: Show the same consideration you’d like to be shown, and do your best to offer thoughtful and incisive feedback.
- Respect and help the community. It’s a small group of passionate people working hard to make your DIG SOUTH experience superb.
Please Show Respect and Keep Your Cool
Have a tip to share directly or just want to chat with the DIG Team? See a bug? Email: email@example.com
How to Get the Old Heave Ho
Everything has a limit and we have ours. Even though you’re passionate and sharing deep insights, a few behaviors will get you removed—and might possibly get you banned. Please note, this list is not comprehensive and the DIG Team reserves the right to remove anything we deem a turn of the screw too far, i.e., inappropriate.
- Spam: Zero tolerance. Whether from a human or a robot, spam will be deleted. Yes, this includes self-promotion, which will be treated like any other spam.
- Personal attacks: Don’t attack or deliberately insult another user or editor. It’s not helpful, and it doesn’t make DIG SOUTH a friendly place.
- Personal information: You may not post personal information about yourself or others. That includes addresses, whereabouts, private details, or other Internet accounts. Privacy is a top priority for all of our editors, community members, and sources.
- Illegal activities: Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity is not OK here.
- NSFW material: Nope, not allowed. Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable. A good rule of thumb is that anything beyond PG-13 will get you in trouble, but we reserve the right to remove any post we deem offensive. This goes for porngraphic material, vile language, gore, and generally gross stuff.
- Racism, sexism, and other discrimination: Attacking entire classes of people is just like attacking a single person: We’ll ban you for it.
- Trolling: If you’re abusing the constructive conversations here at DIG SOUTH, we will take your comments down. And yes, trolling includes taking a thread off-topic.
- Multiple accounts and throwaway emails: We don’t allow multiple accounts per user. Using a disposable email address signals to us that you might not be here for the right reasons. Further, you may not create accounts designed to impersonate another person.
- Complaining about coverage: We cover a wide array of topics, not all of which are easy, comfortable, or reflective of your personal views. While we’re not against discussions of our coverage, plainly stated accusations of bias are usually an indication that you’re not trying to be a productive member of the community. Insightful critique, though? We’re all eyes and ears.
- Offensive or questionable usernames: If your username contains language or terms that could be construed as offensive, we’ll put a hold on your account and start a dialogue with you, asking you to change it to something more appropriate. We’ll let you suggest new usernames, but if you can’t come up with something, we reserve the right to choose a new username at random in order to get you up and running on a temporary basis until we’ve figured out a workable solution.
- First post ban rule: If your first post on DIG SOUTH is in violation of our community guidelines, it is clear to us that you have no interest in following the rules or being cool. The community team reserves the right to ban new members who immediately violate our guidelines. If you think this is a mistake, you can appeal the ban, and we’ll tell you at the time of the ban how to do that.
The DIG Team strives to keep conversations here thoughtful, respectful, engaging, helpful, and productive. If we feel a comment or forum post is counter to that mission, we’ll take action.
See any of the above? You can help us out by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Isn’t this censorship? Well, no and yes. We’re trying to foster great conversation, and we will remove comments that harm that endeavor. The DIG SOUTH standard is to keep the conversation informative and respectful, and the bottom line is that the editors and community team have the final say on whether it fits within our guidelines.
- Questions about moderation: We’re happy to have a discussion with you about it—in private. Public complaints about moderation lead to people trying to “game” the system. If you have a question about moderation, hit us up at email@example.com and we’ll have a chat. If there’s a big policy change or something we would like to say publicly about moderation, we’ll update this page.
- Helping out the DIG Team: Our team works hard and has your best interests at heart. Please help us out by flagging inappropriate comments and take heed when they ask you to change your behavior. Note that many of our DIG Team members are volunteers freely dedicating their time to help make things better. They don’t speak for the site, but still deserve respect.
- How do I become a DIG Team moderator: There is no application process, but instead we select from the top members of our community. If you’d like to be a moderator, then be fantastic: Help users when they have questions, flag inappropriate comments with good explanations of why, help users relax when threads start to look like flamewars, and generally just show us that you’re a helpful and real human being.
DIG NATION Account Alterations
If you need to disable your account or request a name change (only one name change per account), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us and don’t forget to #SucceedintheSouth!