The Director of Content Marketing and Communications will lead the strategy for the Benefitfocus corporate brand messaging, content marketing and public relations activities. This person will guide, influence and manage a team that builds relationships with internal and external partners, stakeholders and influencers to drive top-line growth leveraging the company’s thought leadership via earned and owned media channels. He/she will work closely with peers as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives for Benefitfocus.
This person will be responsible for stewarding the corporate vision, mission and purpose. He or She will support cross-functional teams with messaging, guide editorial content and ensure message consistency and continuity across all communication channels and business units.
- Direct communication and public relations goals, objectives and strategies with an emphasis on enhancing brand image and awareness among target publics.
- Guide internal and external teams to proactively identify opportunities to build Benefitfocus brand and influence through awards, events, media/industry analyst relations and social media.
- Guide the development and implementation of a high-quality integrated communication and content strategy with a focus on demand generation and pipeline conversion.
- Represent Benefitfocus at key events and conference where relevant
- Measure and analyze communication performance
Continue to develop capability and mentor a high-performing team of communication professionals
- Successful track record in converting business objectives into marketing and communications plan and strategy that deliver results.
- Metrics-driven with keen understanding of KPIs and success measures relative to successful communication campaigns.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills
- Experience managing budgets and hiring, training and developing teams
- Demonstrable capability of working with cross-functional teams across an organization
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing, communications and public relations with success preferably in the technology sector
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or journalism preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.