Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Customer Success, the Senior Director of CSO Operations oversees a team of Operations Analysts and is accountable for planning and overseeing strategic business processes, capacity planning, and key performance indicator (KPI) reporting for the Benefitfocus Customer Success Organization (CSO). The CSO is a multi-functional Customer Support organization including professional technical and consulting services, data transaction services, customer service and technical support operations, and a call center.
The Director, CSO Operations will be an experienced leader with a demonstrated track record of turning data into actionable project plans focused on key outcomes related to efficiency, cost savings, and improving the customer experience. We are seeking a strategic, innovative thinker with excellent leadership and communication skills who can adapt to and lead their team and the CSO through rapid growth and change. The Director, CSO Operations must be passionate about improving organizational efficiency and customer satisfaction through metric-based decision making and process improvement.
- Management: Manage a team of US- and global-based Analysts, Program Managers including goal setting, performance management and professional development
- Operational Management, Compliance and Security: Establishes, implements, and oversees short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, administrative policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness with a focus on data security and support efficiency, and effects changes required for improvement
- Reporting and Capacity: Design and manage framework for organizational reporting on success measures and key performance indicators. Develop and improve on existing KPI dashboard reporting. Build and improve on labor capacity models to better understand risk and opportunities to make the organization more efficient and meet demand
- Process Improvement: Provide governance around specific initiatives and projects as needed. Utilize capacity, metrics, and reporting to make recommendations and drive decisions to improve the organization’s contributions to company gross margins
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5-10 years of hands-on people and team management experience
- Experience within high-growth technology companies preferred
- Experience in workforce planning and resource management; ability to dig into the details of capacity models as well as translate the bigger picture
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Communicating complex tactical topics in a strategic way with Senior Leadership
- Must be comfortable with leading through change and rapid business growth
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience influencing cross-functional groups to aligned goals
- Knowledge of and experience in Project Management and Lean Six Sigma a plus