This role can be located in Charlotte, NC or Las Colinas, TX.
With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers – Consumer and Enterprise – helping them get the most from their technology investments.
From end-to-end, Microsoft Customer Service & Support (CSS) is transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it! CSS is a dynamic large global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products every day.
In CSS, our vision and our promise is to Drive Customer Success with a Modern Support experience across the customer lifecycle. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value by building self-healing into our products and services to prevent and automate issue resolution before customers experience a problem. We enable our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
The Operations and Delivery Excellence team is looking for experienced highly motivated individual to focus on our Strategic Business Unit (SBU) operational support as a designated Business Operations Manager (BOM). This role will work very closely with the SBU /Technology leaders in CSS providing ongoing and consistent measurement and reporting of key performance measures (scorecard, KPIs, etc.), best-in-class analytics & insight to inform decision-making and demonstrate efficient planning and reporting process for the SBU LOB. The Business Operations Manager is the trusted advisor to the global delivery leader they support managing day to day operations and driving the operational review cadences.
The person in this role must demonstrate and maintain strong domain expertise within the relevant LoB, demonstrate experience in calculating operational metrics and KPIs and articulate these analytics to key business stakeholders. Additionally, the BOM will manage the suite of standard or ad hoc reporting needs, manage data feeds and taxonomy. In addition, the ability to be flexible and take on challenges outside of current knowledge and skill sets will be critical to achieving success. If you have the relevant experience and ideas for how to solve complex business problems, then we would like to hear from you.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Build operational plan and drive execution of the annual plan
• Work across CSS functions to bring it together versus create
• Help run the XLT’s business with a focus on key results – “the Chief Operating Officer”
• Run the monthly operational review
• Drive business / operational insight to the XLT through analysis
• Build, maintain and broaden domain expertise – Commercial / Consumer LOB’s
• Calculate operational metrics and analyze progress against operational targets; ensure key SBU leaders are aligned with analysis
• Develop and manage suite of standard, ad hoc or other reporting needs as requested for the organization; including defining and managing data feeds and taxonomy
• Provide operational data input for demand volume forecasting & provide consulting support on operational data & trends
• Provide consistent and thorough measurement and reporting of performance through scorecards, KPIs , etc.
• Demonstrate efficient planning and reporting processes
Key Skills required:
• Relevant progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes
• 10+ years of business experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
• Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.