The Charleston Digital Corridor announced that six tech companies have commenced operations at the Flagship tech-focused business incubator facilities located in downtown Charleston over the past three months. Of the six companies, five have expanded to Charleston from across the United States. These companies join twenty-five other companies currently in residence at the Flagships and include:
- Workiva (Ames, IA) – delivers Wdesk, an intuitive cloud platform that modernizes how people work within thousands of organizations worldwide.
- Morgan 6 (Charleston, SC) – full-service information technology firm, specializing in software development, infrastructure management, and cybersecurity.
- AdvertiseCast (Oshkosh, WI) – the world’s premier podcast advertising network.
- N3TWORK (San Francisco, CA) – mobile game company, started by a group of game industry veterans.
- nvisionative (Mooresville, NC) – full-service creative marketing and web development agency.
- Webair (Garden City, NY) – fully managed Cloud and infrastructure solutions.
Since the Flagship and Flagship2 opened for business in 2009 and 2011 respectively, the Digital Corridor has graduated 146 companies with 25 currently in residence. These companies have attracted just under $200 million in capital investment.
Founded and headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, AdvertiseCast has chosen to set-up business development and growth operations at the Flagship. “What drew the company to the region is the burgeoning technology scene and the pool of business talent coming from local colleges,” said Founder & CEO, Trevr Smithlin. “We look forward to playing a role with local job creation while also serving as a growth medium for innovative brands to reach their target customers to grow their businesses.”
“It is an honor to host these wonderful tech startups through their business journey,” said Charleston Digital Corridor Director, Ernest Andrade. “With the development of Flagship3, we will quadruple our capacity to host even more tech companies from around the country and cement Charleston as a premium destination for tech companies on the East Coast.”
The Charleston Digital Corridor is a community-sourced initiative to attract, nurture and promote the regions tech economy through an array of impactful programs, products and events while leveraging Charleston’s renowned livability.