There’s nothing better than a food startup making waves — we are guaranteed to get delicious food in exciting new ways. From staying true to natural ingredients to finding new convenient routes to deliver meals, the intersection between food and technology is always one we are a fan of.
Our friends at Hypepotamus put together a list of established and emerging food-based startups in Atlanta that truly deliver. Our mouths are watering already.
- Sourcify: It’s Sunday and the farmer’s market is packed. You make your way to your favorite vendor and he’s out of all of the produce on your list. Frustrating, right? Sourcify is a service that allows customers to pre-order fresh food and other goods from their farmers market. It’s available exclusively at the Westside Farmers Market right now. Pick it up before 1 p.m. and get on with your day. Easy as that.
- Sifted: Who needs another soggy sandwich at their desk? Sifted, based out of the Atlanta Tech Village, delivers a pop-up dining experience inside offices for staff. Teams can enjoy culinary delights sourced from local ingredients by skilled chefs. Fans include startups, Eventbrite, Emma, Salesloft, YikYak, Lyft and more.
- Chuice: Chuice aims to get you the nutrients you often skip because of your crazy schedule. The juice that you chew is a concoction of 35+ fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and herbs. Their unique process retains all of the nutrient and vitamin goodness right in one bottle. Genius. (You may remember Chuice from our roundup of 11 Southern beverage startups earlier this year).
- Tifyn: If only we could hire a personal chef to keep us from having cereal for dinner every night. Tifyn is making it happen with their community-based mobile app that helps deliver home-cooked meals made by local individuals, from a Caribbean mom to a soul food chef, culinary school student or Indian immigrant. Because we all know our mother’s cooking is best, right? The Strongbox West member makes it easy to search your area, make an order with a local chef, and have food delivered on the same day. Tifyn isn’t only delivering good food, they are also empowering the local community by helping them get their food business off the ground.
- King of Pops: The King has been slinging pops for a few years now and his reign gets bigger and bigger. His brand is synonymous with natural ingredients, a fun team, and delicious popsicles. You can spot him all around town — from festivals to the window in Inman Park to a freezer at the Atlanta Tech Village. With every pop, the King of Pops serves it up with a side of authenticity.
- Real Meal Delivery: Running late at work and have no food at home? Trust us, we’ve been there. Real Meal Delivery fixes that oh so common issue by letting you order a freshly made meal that can be delivered between 5:30-7:30 p.m — on the same day. While their delivery area is currently limited, they offer a 30-day trial membership to new customers after placing they first order. They are set to take off, too, as one of the first startups inducted into Techstars Atlanta.
Thanks again to Hypepotamus for this great roundup! Have a favorite food startup? Let us know in the comments!