DIG SOUTH typically publishes guest contributor content on Wednesdays. See submission guidelines at the bottom of this form.
View FAQ | Submission Guidelines
FAQ | Submission Guidelines
DIG SOUTH focuses on tech and tech-enabled innovation in the South – the companies scaling and innovating today and the entrepreneurs, executives and other experts who are making it happen. Our core topics include emerging tech, digital marketing and business growth. We also touch on general innovation and entrepreneurship, startup ecosystems and the culture of tech in the South.
STYLE & VOICE
The voice of DIG SOUTH is clear, clever (when appropriate) and concise.
DIG SOUTH supports a culture that is ambitious, innovative, creative, thoughtful, diverse and fair-minded.
WHAT DO YOU PUBLISH?
DIG SOUTH publishes stories about innovation in the South primarily written by entrepreneurs, executives, experts and founders – the women and men in the trenches, hustling daily, in real time. Articles must be original and written by the author. Authors must be real people.
- Submitted content should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The subject(s) of the article should be based in the South (for example: MailChimp, AT&T, Roadie, Rubicon Global, BoomTown, RedHat, etc).
- The author should be based in the South and writing from a regional perspective (general stories about industry trends, how-tos, tips, personal development, origin story, etc).
- Or, the author is not based in the South but the content specifically touches on tech innovation in the South and at least one of the subjects or cited examples is based in the region (for example: comparisons of tech and creative ecosystems, accelerators, incubators, venture funding, intrapreneurship, tech transfer, emerging technology, etc)
DIG SOUTH editors reserve the right to reject or edit any content that violates our policies, guidelines or standards.
WHAT LENGTH SHOULD MY SUBMISSION BE?
Submissions should range between 400–750 words maximum, and they should include a compelling intro, 2–3 sentences in length, plus a logical conclusion. Content that does not meet the guidelines will be edited or rejected.
SHOULD I PROVIDE IMAGES?
DIG SOUTH editors reserve the right to select all images posted to digsouth.com. You are welcome to submit a photo, video or graphic, but we will not guarantee inclusion with the article. Photos should be royalty free, and provide the proper photography credit. Featured Image Requirements: Width: 720px-1500px | Height: 20px-1500px | Max File Size: 8MB
DO YOU ACCEPT PODCASTS AND VIDEO?
In a heartbeat. Please supply a brief intro that outlines the subject, topic and purpose of the content. The same guidelines apply to video and audio submissions and we will not guarantee publication.
- Professional-quality videos and podcasts that meet DIG SOUTH editorial standards may be embedded or linked to in the e-news and added to the curated player at digsouth.com pending approval of DIG SOUTH Editors.
- Videos and podcasts that do not meet DIG SOUTH editorial standards but provide helpful content to the regional startup ecosystem may be added to the DIG SOUTH YouTube channel pending approval of DIG SOUTH Editors.
DO YOU PAY GUEST CONTRIBUTORS?
No. We provide a forum to share your expertise and position you or your company as a leading innovator. You also become an integral part of helping us elevate the South’s digital economy and support our emerging tech and creative community. We do pay contributors for articles assigned by DIG SOUTH editors.
WHEN DO YOU NOTIFY CONTRIBUTORS IF A PIECE IS ACCEPTED?
Stories are published solely at the discretion of DIG SOUTH editors, and typically on Wednesdays. Following submission through our form, editors will review the story within 1–3 weeks. If we do not post your piece, then it was not the right fit at this particular time and we will reply by email.
WILL MY PIECE BE EDITED?
Yes. We edit content to fit DIG SOUTH’s voice, standards, length, format and more.
WHEN DO YOU PUBLISH?
We consider articles on a weekly basis and publish according to our internal editorial calendar, typically on Wednesdays.
CAN I REPURPOSE CONTENT FROM ANOTHER SITE?
We prefer that you submit original content or content that has been substantially edited and repurposed for our audience and editorial style. However, we will consider articles previously published if they fit our editorial guidelines.
CAN I SHARE MY STORY ON OTHER WEBSITES?
Yes, however, if the story was originally published at digsouth.com, we request that you link back to the original piece on our website. Failure to do so may result in future submissions being rejected for publication.
DO YOU PUBLISH BREAKING NEWS?
Not typically, but we will accept and consider tips. Email: email@example.com
DO YOU SHARE ANALYTICS, HITS, CLICKTHROUGHS, ETC?
No. DIG SOUTH does not share proprietary data specific to stories posted at digsouth.com. We do encourage you to share, like, etc., stories posted to our social media channels and follow the audience engagement.
CAN I PROMOTE MY STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Absolutely! Social promotion is strongly encouraged – #digsouth.
Follow us here:
CAN I EDIT MY STORY ONCE PUBLISHED?
No. Minor or substantial content changes will not be made once posted to digsouth.com. You may request a correction or factual error if needed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “STORY CORRECTION.” We will make the correction as soon as possible.
SPONSORED ARTICLES & AFFILIATE LINKS
Sponsored articles must be clearly designated as such. We do not allow self-promotion, affiliate links, do follows, or other marketing that you have been paid to include in the content we publish unless clearly labeled as such. Contact email@example.com for pricing and further details.
SOURCES, FACT-CHECKING, BACKLINKS
- You must link to all sources you are using for stats and references. Paid marketing backlinks to products and services will be deleted and may result in the rejection of your submission.
- We fact check stats and references. Please make sure to link to original sources.